Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys had to limp the machine home today, was going through some water and splashing around as well, the water was barely half way up the tire but some of it got into the cab nothing major been in deeper water than that. After getting out of the hole the throttle started sticking and the machine took off by it self without me pressing on the gas pedal. i turned off the key put it in park now she cranks but doesnt fire, unplugged the sensor at the throttle pedal and used the override button to limp the machine home. Dried out the connector still same issue, looks like that sensor is at fault to the dealer she goes.

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
Let us know what your dealer does to fix it ...you may be correct on that sensor being the culprit ...

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
throttle

So the dealer called me today and said infact it is the sensor on the throttle pedal and it is water proof according to them but infact it did get water in it. Thank god for warranty, hopefully ill see the machine for the weekend.

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
Thanx for the update ...that will happen to someone else down the road, so we'll all have a good hunch on what to look at

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
throttle update

hey guys have gotten out a few times on machine since warranty work was done since they replaced the throttle sensor the machine seems to be more responsive than before also i noticed in low gear you are no longer waiting for the engine to catch up it seems to take off in lower gear now and hitting 30 40 mph with in seconds, also i spoke with the brp tech who worked on it he said the new pedal assembly was robbed from a new machine(mine is a 2012 as well) and they recalibrated the computer as well so not sure which of the two repairs fixed issue of the engine having to catch up in low gear, he also commented the machine seemed to take off better now than past ones he driven

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
Maybe those speculated software updates we've heard about are getting loaded in the dealers' computers and making a difference...:unsure:.....Lance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts