Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have commander 1000 xt and having severe tire problems. Original tires dont hold up to rugged trail use so I replaced with IPT mudline 6 ply tires and still have at least one flat a trip. The punctures are always near the rim around from 1 inch up to 4inches up. I ride with razers that seem to never have this problem,so I wonder if the extra weight or the 14 inch rims are the problem.At any rate can't seem to find a tire to hold up that is the right size,does any one else have this problem and if so can it be cured.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Sounds like pinch-flats. Caused by low tire pressure. An object will pinch the tire between the wheel and itself. A few more psi will help. Doesn't take much.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have commander 1000 xt and having severe tire problems. Original tires dont hold up to rugged trail use so I replaced with IPT mudline 6 ply tires and still have at least one flat a trip. The punctures are always near the rim around from 1 inch up to 4inches up. I ride with razers that seem to never have this problem,so I wonder if the extra weight or the 14 inch rims are the problem.At any rate can't seem to find a tire to hold up that is the right size,does any one else have this problem and if so can it be cured.
What tire pressure are you running,I ride in Tenn. and Ky. and don't have any problems. I keep 10psi. front 14 rear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tires

First trip with new tires ran pressure 8 front 10 rear ruined front tire,second outing with tires ran what the book said 10 front 12 rear and had hole in the side wall on a rear tire,should I run more pressure? If I run more pressure will my traction be effected? I ride mostly in southern tn. and north alabama,very rocky.

·
Registered
16 Posts
First trip with new tires ran pressure 8 front 10 rear ruined front tire,second outing with tires ran what the book said 10 front 12 rear and had hole in the side wall on a rear tire,should I run more pressure? If I run more pressure will my traction be effected? I ride mostly in southern tn. and north alabama,very rocky.
I think you should run a little more pressure 10 or 11 in the front and 14 rear.
The commander is heavy with low air pressure if your running on rock trails it could squat and pinch between the rock and rim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts