Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'm just running the bighorns now till I get my new wheels from Discount, already have my paddles sitting in the garage...I was thinking very hard about going with STU's, but we do so much trail riding that putting that much money out per tire that the 1st time that I hit a stob that I would put a hole in the side wall..so instead I went with something that looks like STU's but has a thicker sidewall....at $45 a tire...I'll take my chance with them

These are the wheels that I'm getting from discount tire...$75each shipped to my door step

Lance has a set that he just put on his Rhintax...we will see how they do this next weekend at Windy Bay

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
LOL...Lance just mounted them on his 7" beadlocks I think he will be buying another set of wheels...stiff side walls and on narrow rims he's not real happy..:(
I ordered 8" rims so we will see how that works,
You will do just fine with your bighorns next weekend...
I run 6lbs front and 5lbs back..and I can climb most everything down there in 2wd.. Banshee and the 2 hills out back are the the only ones that I have had to put it 4wd.
When I was breaking my motor in (motoman method) I keep 15lbs in them so that that I worked the motor harder...

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
The rims are DWT Diablo True Beadlocks, 12x7, 4+3 fronts, 2+5 rears. I hand painted all the yellow. The front Mohawks are from Skat-trak.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts