Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any tops with the tunes included at an affordable price? I love the AudioFormz top with the lights and tunes but $1600+ is a little pricey for an ole country boy... Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Welcome to CT X-man.....

Have not heard of one yet, but there will be in the future for sure....you might check with SSV...I had heard they had an add-on system that would fit under the factory top,,,,but then later was said that it only fit with one of the two factory top pieces in place.....please report back if you hit a good mother-lode stereo system for our prized Commanders...Thanx, Lance

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Ditto what LBR said on the SSV system..will only work with one of the 2 piece tops...we have friends that have just added speakers using their nano/Ipod..Take a look at Rhinorehabs photo's

Also welcome to CT..X-Man

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to J-Strong yesterday and they have a prototype now. It should go to the mold and be available late summer. Top, lights, and tunes for around $1300. Don't know if I want to wait.....

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I talked to J-Strong yesterday and they have a prototype now. It should go to the mold and be available late summer. Top, lights, and tunes for around $1300. Don't know if I want to wait.....
I will vouch for the sturdiness of J-Strong tops....I have one on my Rhino and have hit lots of chiz plus flopped numerous times without any more than a few scratches.....

The most common biatch is many peeps want just the top without the yucky base stereo system nor lighting so they can do their own custom setup...if you are entertaining the wait for one, ring them up and request they sell bare tops (ahem!!)..........:).....Lance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the AudioFormz top. Two tone blk/yel with the Sony head unit, 6x9 Kickers(4),and an amp. May have to put my wallet on life support!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the AudioFormz top. Two tone blk/yel with the Sony head unit, 6x9 Kickers(4),and an amp. May have to put my wallet on life support!
Lol! ....life support!! ...funny stuff! ....

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hate to say this again out loud( my wallet flinches!) but the total with shipping was $1975. Ouch!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, the top came in and we installed it. Very easy install, four clamps and two wires. All I can say now is that it is definitely worth the money! Looks great and has great sound! Pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Well, the top came in and we installed it. Very easy install, four clamps and two wires. All I can say now is that it is definitely worth the money! Looks great and has great sound! Pics to follow.
Pics & sound..:):)

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I laid it down so you could get a good look at the top. Tunes never stopped playing!
LOL.. I had a friend send me a text & picture of his XP on it's side in the sand...must of been one of those days....:unsure:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts