Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just saw this on TV and I had no idea so thought I would pass it along. So I did a video clip from Horsepower Episode 293

Sorry the sound is low.

Here is what they are saying worked for them, and this is what I am going to use on my X bead lock bolts. This may be why I striped :furious: one of the bolts as I worked my way around a couple of times.

Who knew.

ARP Ultra-Torque

Fastener Assembly Lubricant

Here it is at Jegs.com for $18

OK the video was blocked, how I don't know maybe there is a sound code that told them but it was blocked within a short time after loading.

ON the video they taked about how different Lubes on a bolt will have different effects on the torque even with the torque wrench set the same. Each time you torque a bolt it will really be getting tighter or if you use oil it will not even be tight enough the first time or two. This APR ultra-Torque will work to get the correct torque value over and over. If you saw the video they showed how a bolt was striped with the same torque setting on the Torque wrench when tightend about 4 times. Sounds like when you tighten up the beadlock bolts. Anyway you can read about it on the ARP link above.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wish my video wasn't taken down.
I may find a way to post it anyway in the next week, just to see if I can get past the YouTube blocks. All in fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts