Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today had a little ride planned (was going to test out the BRP black box i got but didnt instal as i wanted to wait go for a drive and then swap it in and see the difference back to back)

had the dealership grease the bearing as shifting was next to impossible, and at the same time they replaceed a 2011 belt shroud with the new updated one, picked it up and had to drill out some new holes in my aluminum skid plate.

drove it on and off the trailer and did the skid plate work, started it up and drove the length of the driveway 50 feet or so and then nothing, its almost like i have no belt on...

pushed it back into garage, waiting til tomorrow to call dealer... was going to check the belt but seems funny that it worked one minute and then nothing almost like the tranny is gone... cant see the belt being an issue as it was just put on and i assume there would be some evidence from the snorkels if the belt was blown....

any ideas... hoping it is just the belt and not the tranny (i have warranty but its the time without having a ride i dont like)

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Two things I can think of that would be that extreme...

The belt broke....put an ear to the CVT intake with engine idling and listen for normal sounds...this will only work if you've heard the clutch when operating normally

The tranny slipped into neutral because of miss adjustment when you were driving in the driveway

Several other things could be the culprit, but you or others need to verify the basics of clutch and drive-shaft/tranny working properly when shifted into drive.....let us know what happens with the diagnosing

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

1 - 2 of 2 Posts