Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. Great forum! Does anyone here have any first hand info on loading a Commander 1000 XT inside a 6" X 12" cargo trailer. Length and width should not be a problem but height is my concern since I do not have access to the trailer at the moment and can't take a measurement. The trailer in question has an inside height of 75" however usually the loading rear door frames are a bit less. Thanks!

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Welcome to the site George....your best bet is google your particulat brand and model and the door opening specs should be included in their critical measurements, then compare to your particular Commmander height. These smaller cargo trailer door openings are really close for fit/no fit.

Ive seen peeps remove the cages, lower air pressures or install smaller tires alltogether to make it work. Guys with long travels that are too wide to fit between the fenderwells on toy haulers will rachet the front arms closer together to narrow the width for fitment issues....we do what we have to do until a better hauler comes along.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 6x14 Wells Cargo that's got an extra 18" of height. The door is 80" tall. Height is no problem, but width is. It isn't feasible to get out except over the back. With the Commander all the way forward with the winch hook 2" from the front wall, I can barely squeeze out via the right seat. (35" waist). Over the tailgate is the easiest option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts