Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I can say...Cah-mandi no longer cuts out..:yeah:..I'm glad I drove it enough to know when it's going to happen cause..I can see where I will need to be care to not land under full thottle....
now when the rear tires leave the ground the Cah-mandi just keeps motoring along...with no cut-out..but time will tell..

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well Muzzy's black box seems to be working like they said it would..this weekend we hit a few (several) drain ditchs and went right over them with no cutout...and there was several times that I could tell if we didn't have it we would have lost the rear wheel speed...:):)

·
Registered
6 Posts
shaft saver?

Hey guys. I must be missing something. I purchased a commander 1000 two weeks ago. I've been reading your posts about the power cutting back during wheel spin. Mine doesn't do that. Maybe it is a computer setting which is supposed to be done by the dealer. But mine will sling mud,gravel, grass, or whatever with no hesitation.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys. I must be missing something. I purchased a commander 1000 two weeks ago. I've been reading your posts about the power cutting back during wheel spin. Mine doesn't do that. Maybe it is a computer setting which is supposed to be done by the dealer. But mine will sling mud,gravel, grass, or whatever with no hesitation.
Mine had no problem doing that, where mine showed the problems was when you would be racing someone up a big dune and hit the whoops it would cut out....it's call "shaft saver" so it your wheels tires left the ground it would cut power so you would not land Full Throttle...Barbara

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
After you get some seat time with it, it may become evident, but you won't be affected by it near as much as we duners are.....our tires are spinning and slipping much more than on hard terra-firma like you ride......

To give an example, last year when the Commanders FIRST hit the public, one was blocked up on a chassis dyno for R&D work...what was goofy is they couldn't get an accurate run because the ECM would cut in the shaft saver mode and not run-out 100% at WOT.....(this was before the SSM was even figured out, BTW)....what was happening is the front tires were stationary and the ECM started backing the throttle butterfly off at WOT, thinking the Commander was in a 'bad' situation.....so to defeat it, they had to trick the ECM into thinking the front tires were rolling also by splicing sensors together....it made the ECM a happy camper then.....Lance

·
Registered
53 Posts
if u ride in the snow/ice like i do, you"ll no it right away...st

Reactions: 902Canadian

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question..does anyone know if they delete the shaft saver on the 2012s?

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
There is rumor of new software to reflash the ECU with coming out later ....that may eliminate it along with other enhancements....

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I put the black box on my Commander. I ride the dunes in Glamis. I could tell the difference.
Awesome .....every person that has installed the Muzzy or K&T box has noticed the difference

sent by my constipated soon-to-be-on-the-river-bottom Droid I

1 - 11 of 11 Posts