Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a X and my dads running a XT. We put around 70 miles in NW mountain's of Arizona today. Lots of snow and mud in higher elevations. So when we got back down to the bottoms we hit the river to clean the machines off. We both ran through 2-3 ft of water for about 15 min. When the XT stalled and wouldn't start. The key would turn ignition and gauges would light up, but the start button wouldn't start machine. Looked for wires and other problems. But nothing. Decided to pull XT back with my X. Pulled it about 500 ft. Stopped and tried to start it and it did. Any guesses or answers would be grateful
Thanks

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I've found that sometimes the plugs on the switches in the dash could use a once-over to make sure everything is secure. Sounds like a loose connection.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sometimes if you don't push the start button in far enough it will not crank. It may just be you just didn't push the button hard enough.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
More info please ...how did it run after restarting? Flawlessly from then on? crappy?....or sputtered when running?

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Thanx for remembering this thread and letting us know all is Ok

BTW ...our starter button has been acting goofy too.....have my reservations on the quality of the starter button at times also

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you tilt the steering wheel all the way up, the bike will not start until you've tilted the wheel back down. Just an observation I've made.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
If you tilt the steering wheel all the way up, the bike will not start until you've tilted the wheel back down. Just an observation I've made.
When it's started and running with wheel tilted down,then you tilt wheel up, does the machine die?

Then, if it doesn't die with wheel tilted up and it is shut off, will it start then?? ...curiosity is my driver of life!

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not really sure about the tilt... just know that it ran like new again and has ever since. just did it once

1 - 9 of 9 Posts