Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a power steering unit located under the dash above the drivers knees, seems im constantly getting water inside the module connector even put dielectric grease in the connector and still it gets water in there turning the red light on and disabling my power steering. Has anyone seen maybe a dash under dash cover or something that would work as a shield?

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
If you are using ample dielectric grease in that connection, it will be waterproof ....I can't understand why that connection would be the problem ....are you sure it isn't some place else getting zapped by the water?

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
connection

yes its the connection every time i unplug it and let the water drip out it works again for the day.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
yes its the connection every time i unplug it and let the water drip out it works again for the day.
That's freaking crazy man....how many wires in the plug?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wires

if memory serveres me right i believe is only two wires, im on holidays and machine not with me lol

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
if memory serveres me right i believe is only two wires, im on holidays and machine not with me lol
Thanx ....like I mentioned before, it's unbelievable that if you over pack that connector with dielectric grease, it still craps on you

So, what if you were to cut that plug off and solder on two, one wire (separate) waterproof connectors and pack each with dielectric grease ....problem solved?...Lance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts