Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have been in search of a roof, check out UTV inc new Aluminum roof. http://utvinc.com/utv-inc-can-am-commander-aluminum-roof-for-oem-cage-black/ I just got one and installed it. You can't beat the price($200), in fact you probably couldn't even make it for that. I've looked at all of the roof options out there & this by far is the best deal. After putting it on last night I can honestly say it looks great, fit & finish is top quality. Completely functional for my needs. I don't have pics yet - still in process of remounting my HID's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello. I just bought a 1000xt yesterday. Can you remove the seats with that utv top installed? Dealer said some of the aftermarket roofs when installed will not let the seats come out. Also does the roof come back far enough to keep the rain from coming into the compartment?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The seats come out. Haven't had mine out in heavy rain but I haven't had any complaints. No problems with it dripping down my back or anything - It does have a drip rail in front which is nice. I would think if you are trying to keep rain out of your compartment you will need a full enclosure, rain never seems to come straight down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a UTV roof and have no problems with it at all.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Looks like a great roof.

I would think you could even put some big wing nuts on to hold the roof. So then when out on a nice day in the woods you could take it off and leave the roof at camp.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks. I"ll give them a call. Took my wife up in the hills yesterday for our first trip in the new 1000xt. She loved it! My Grandkids said their next.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a great roof.

I would think you could even put some big wing nuts on to hold the roof. So then when out on a nice day in the woods you could take it off and leave the roof at camp.
You probably could go with wing nuts but they would have to be on top of the roof due to rollbar clearance with the type of band clamp used to hold the roof on. Wouldn't be very good looking that way but I guess it would be functional. It only takes a couple of minutes to remove anyways but you will need a allen wrench & socket/or wrench to take it off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Or you could go with a soft top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts