Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah probably but before that i had dropped the iphone3gs left att for verizons droid then turned around and switched back so i guess ill just deal with the att iphone 4

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I had Verizon for years with work and then went on my own about 2 years ago to get a iPhone and what a shocker how bad AT&T has in the Los Angeles area, but I really did like the iPhone so I have been putting up with the daily 10 to 20 dropped calls until Verizon gets the iPhone.
Ok here is the sad part, I was planing on switching to Verizon with the iPhone, but found out that Verizon no longer has a cell site near my work and that is a must. I would get a wifi cell (micro cell) or whatever Verizon calls it but I am not in one spot to make that work, so no Verizon for me. :furious:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just curious, why do you think your Droid 2 is better than the iPhone? Not doubting you just curious. I personally have the Droid X which has been a really nice phone thus far.
My likes for Droid2 over iPhone:
  • Open platform - means more people will build apps for it
  • Open platform - more frequent updates available via community of developers
  • Apps are free or far less $$$ and provide the same functionality
  • Google support - this site uses Google Analytics like most other "good" products which is based on "free community" items
  • Droid2 - has a full keyboard rather than touch ... more my preference
  • Reception - most people I've talked to have had nothing but issues with reception, but that could be an AT&T thing versus Verizon ... but not entirely sold that it's only an AT&T thing

My likes for iPhone over Droid:
  • Dual camera - I can skype with anyone while I'm traveling and it's free

For me ... it was more pros for the Droid based on my preferences, but I think both phones are ok. I like the HTC Evo for Sprint with 4G a lot as well, but I'm not switching to Sprint ever again. :)

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will preface this topic with the following, I have used Windows Mobile, Blackberry, Android (still currently using a Droid X) and now iPhone.

So because I am a gadget junky I decided to go out and pick up an iPhone 4 from Verizon.

Hmmm where to start.

Well let me start with the pros of the iPhone (not that there are really cons later, just differences)

First thing I noticed is the build quality, everything is very solid on this phone and does not feel cheap (cough...HTC) The OS is as expected, flawless and easy to use...Everything is smooth, bluetooth call quality is excellent, voice dialing is spot on. Built quality is amazing, however, being an Apple product it is what I expected.

Being an Android user, I have become spoiled with a few things, please understand that these issues may be taken care of by apps, however, input is welcomed. There are a lot of apps out there and being a iPhone noob I have not gone through all of them.
  • No LED on the phone to let you know if you missed a call, text, or e mail.
  • Only one signature for e mails, regardless of the number of e mail accounts you have.
  • Addresses within calendar events cannot be clicked to show on the map.
  • Phone numbers within calendar events cannot be clicked to dial on the phone.
  • Setting the alarm to 5PM does not go off at 5AM (sorry little joke cause that was my fault, and yes, I was late)
These are just a few items that I have found being that I only have had the phone for few days. I have decided to package the phone back up and return it, not that it is a bad phone, it just did not meet my needs. I will be anxiously awaiting the release of the HTC Thunderbolt as well as the Motorola Droid Bionic. Both Android powered devices, sorry Apple, please allow better integration with your iOS.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I will preface this topic with the following, I have used Windows Mobile, Blackberry, Android (still currently using a Droid X) and now iPhone.

So because I am a gadget junky I decided to go out and pick up an iPhone 4 from Verizon.

Hmmm where to start.

Well let me start with the pros of the iPhone (not that there are really cons later, just differences)

First thing I noticed is the build quality, everything is very solid on this phone and does not feel cheap (cough...HTC) The OS is as expected, flawless and easy to use...Everything is smooth, bluetooth call quality is excellent, voice dialing is spot on. Built quality is amazing, however, being an Apple product it is what I expected.

Being an Android user, I have become spoiled with a few things, please understand that these issues may be taken care of by apps, however, input is welcomed. There are a lot of apps out there and being a iPhone noob I have not gone through all of them.
  • No LED on the phone to let you know if you missed a call, text, or e mail.
    You do get a pop up message for missed calls, text message, but just a tone for email. (at least on at&T)
  • Only one signature for e mails, regardless of the number of e mail accounts you have.
  • Addresses within calendar events cannot be clicked to show on the map.
  • Phone numbers within calendar events cannot be clicked to dial on the phone.
    Not sure but almost anywhere with the phone you can just hit a phone number and it will dial.
  • Setting the alarm to 5PM does not go off at 5AM (sorry little joke cause that was my fault, and yes, I was late)
    That said, the alarm is not all that loud. But if you put the phone in a charging speaker clock unit the volume can be very loud.
These are just a few items that I have found being that I only have had the phone for few days. I have decided to package the phone back up and return it, not that it is a bad phone, it just did not meet my needs. I will be anxiously awaiting the release of the HTC Thunderbolt as well as the Motorola Droid Bionic. Both Android powered devices, sorry Apple, please allow better integration with your iOS.
I don't think I could get by without my iPhone and iPad.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Didn't think you were knocking the iPhone. I am a little like you, in liking all the things I can do with the current phone. Sounds like it's kind of the same where you will miss some of the things you can do now if you did stay with the iPhone. No flash player on the iPhone or iPad is a very big problem for me but the rest is good.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts