Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone who has the 2013 commander with the visco-look QE notice a big difference between the new one and the original one on the 2012 and earlier models. Is it worth the money to trade up for the power steering and QE?

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello,

i have just gotten my 2013 commander and although i have never owed, or even ridden in a commander before i purchased this one i can say it works very well. it does spin about 1/2 a turn before it engages the un-locked wheel. i have been a 4x4 truck nut for years and in my current bronco i have Detroit lockers front and rear so i do notice the one front wheel not having power and i think it would be a noticeable traction gain in the commander if it had a full locker like an ARB, or a Detroit. i do think there would be a market for it because of the power steering.
having said that i dont think many would notice any performance gain over the current QE diff over a true locker.
also i feel that the engagement happens quicker the more throttle you are applying. so if your crawling over the rocks and are just idling over stuff it will lag some BUT if your gettin it, it will be just like a spool.
i love the damn thing. much cheaper and a lot less wrenching for the same amount of fun! its fast but i miss my 427 small block.
HTH's

jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts