Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a trailer that will accomodate two Can-Am Commanders.. Any idea on length of trailer and has anyone tried this yet? I am looking at a Triton UT-16' trailer. I want to keep the units as low to the ground as possible. Not sure if 16' is long enough. Anyone try a 16' trailer yet?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Looking to purchase a trailer that will accomodate two Can-Am Commanders.. Any idea on length of trailer and has anyone tried this yet? I am looking at a Triton UT-16' trailer. I want to keep the units as low to the ground as possible. Not sure if 16' is long enough. Anyone try a 16' trailer yet?
We Haul a Rhino & Commander in our 24' enclosed trailer with about an extra
4'....so I would say 20' unless you can hang over the front & back....

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Ok I am back...the trailer we used had a 24' deck. He has put three Teryx's on that trailer, however, that was one sideways and two pulled straight forward.

Are you looking at getting a trailer that has the fold up ramp in back?

Sounds like a 16' could work, however, you will not be able to get the ramp up completely, therefore, will need to fab a bracket to keep the ramp up, however, not all the way closed.

My understanding is you will need a 20' deck to get two Commanders on there completely.

Hope that helps!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would go to either a 22' or 24' if you are taking along spare parts (tires/wheels, gas, etc). We are looking for enough space to haul 1 commander, 2 utilities (outty and renegade), and at least 1 kids quad. We're thinking we have to get to a 24' to be safe with all the spares loaded up in the v-nose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
trailer

I have a 24 ft enclosed featherlite for sale if anyone is interersted. Im in South carolina and its a 2008 . Asking 12000.00 my #843-893-8774

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
The Commander is 9.86' long...two of them is 19'9" long in the perfect world.....there is a minimum length to work from .....hope this helps...Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah going to need at least 20 if you are going to haul 2 with everything on the trailer and that would be with out giving much room in between or accounting for rear bumpers. We have been over this and over this all week this week, we are getting ready to go to Haspin Acres on Saturday. I have a 16' trailer and I am hauling a quad in the back of my truck a rzr and my commander on the trailer. Made ramps to pull the rzr up sideways on the front of the trailer with 11' to spare on the back for my commander.

You could maybe get away with an 18' trailer if you backed the first one on and then let the bed hang over the back. Providing you have enough tongue in the front to not eat into your vehicle and you dont have ramps that fold up on the back. I think the bed hangs over 1' 2" from the back of the tire if I remember right.

Sounds like 20' + is the way to go. I wish I would have bought a little bigger of one for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts