Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I just received my 2012 Commander 1000 X, while waiting for the machine to arrive at my dealers; I purchased a number of after market parts for it. One of the part kits I ordered is a Factory UTV skid plate package, I like the idea of the better protection that it will provide in the rocky areas around where I live. I am having an issue with the mounting of the front skid plate because I can't seem to get into the nuts that are holding the fairlead on and I am just spinning the cap bolts on the front.

does anyone have experience with removing the fairlead on a commander 1000 X, I am sure there must be a way to get into the bolts and I am just missing the obvious.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i thought the fairlead was attached with two bolt and you need to put a wrench on the back side then remove it. not sure what front skid plates you got but when we installed the one on my fathers xt i did not have to off the fairlead and we need that special tool to expand almost like a rivet gun to bolt up the four holes on the bottom....Derrick

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it is like mine an XT. U have to take the rollers off and bend a wrench. Think it is a 15mm open end wrench to get at the nuts on the back. I went thru the front with the rollers out of the way it isnt to bad.. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Using a wrench called a "crowsfoot" also works to get at the nut behind the fairlead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts