Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Riders.....active members, guests, and site perusers.....

What can we do differently to invite the majority of you to interact and join in with the CommanderTalk family?...am looking for constructive ideas and criticisms alike....:)....Lance

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
It is odd that this site has been up and running before the Commander came out and still does not get near the traffic like other sites do. I suspect the main difference is the "No Drama" Philosophy here. It is unfortunate however people do feed on Drama and it is an attraction. Althoug it is entertaining at times, I like to be able to come here and not have to deal with it constantly like other sites.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I like this site because there is no drama...but, we could use a few more threads about where peeps favorite riding areas are or groups rides that they may be going on...

We have several peeps joining but they don't post..:(

I guess the peeps on this site have not had as many negative issues with the Commander as the other site, so theres not any bashing going on and that seems to draw more peeps into the thread whether it be good or bad...

·
Registered
14 Posts
This site is chock full of people with high levels of mechanical expertise. As one without that intense interest and experience this site is a tremendous resource. I'm interested in
learning all about this machine knowing that I won't be doing much if any of the technical work but want the basic knowledge. If I want to hear trash talk I'll go to an NBA game.

Opinion: Build it and they will come. Continue to keep the bar high, as more people own these critters they'll start to frequent the sites that offer more than gossip.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have two recommendations

Spend less time whoring around the internet and more time at Commander Talk. I see your top posters posting more everywhere else than here. Spend more time building CT

When a member posts a question answer it. SXSIOWA posted a question here and never received an answer. He posted the same question at my site and had an answer in about an hour. Multiple CT members have posted since his question but no reply.

Take these for what they are worth and if you don’t like them because they came from me

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is the million dollar question:) 99% of the sxs sites fail. The very few that do make it just got lucky. You can increase your luck only one way>>>>Money Money and more Money the 1st 2-5 years. Not much else you can do. Guess you could buy a successful site also. Even if you have the time and the money...there is still no guarantee...You can also offer something for your members...besides a place to post...Have some rides with prizes, dinner and drinks...Guess you need to do something no body does or do it better than the rest:)

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
This site is chock full of people with high levels of mechanical expertise. As one without that intense interest and experience this site is a tremendous resource. I'm interested in
learning all about this machine knowing that I won't be doing much if any of the technical work but want the basic knowledge. If I want to hear trash talk I'll go to an NBA game.

Opinion: Build it and they will come. Continue to keep the bar high, as more people own these critters they'll start to frequent the sites that offer more than gossip.
Agree 100% it would be nice to get more peeps into the posting but that will come with time...

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanx CapoliRanch....you picked right up on the request for "constructive" ideas...thanx a million ....

I apologize for the beheaded chickens scrambling around here underfoot ....are you a rancher?...

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the million dollar question:) 99% of the sxs sites fail. The very few that do make it just got lucky. You can increase your luck only one way>>>>Money Money and more Money the 1st 2-5 years. Not much else you can do. Guess you could buy a successful site also. Even if you have the time and the money...there is still no guarantee...You can also offer something for your members...besides a place to post...Have some rides with prizes, dinner and drinks...Guess you need to do something no body does or do it better than the rest:)
Thanx Leo ...yeah, pretty good stuff in your post ....am trying to flush a few shy members who have never posted out and get some new names and viewpoints flowing ....all the while with one hand on the water closet handle ....

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is odd that this site has been up and running before the Commander came out and still does not get near the traffic like other sites do. I suspect the main difference is the "No Drama" Philosophy here. It is unfortunate however people do feed on Drama and it is an attraction. Althoug it is entertaining at times, I like to be able to come here and not have to deal with it constantly like other sites.
Spoken well and you hit my standards right on too Steve ....you still play with your woodsbuggy now, or does the Commander take presedence now_a_days? ....
Lance

·
Registered
49 Posts
Another thing I always thought would work but prolly wont happen is....All these small sxs sites merge to together to form one...Its a very hard feat to do with all the egos out there...but it is do-able...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have one more Idea...When Johnnys site was hopping...He had a poker game we would go-to... to play cards and talk off the board...It had many of us hooked...we would set a time up just about every-nite...to have fun and talk off the board...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I saved the best for last...Make all your members feel special...cause they are...

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Spoken well and you hit my standards right on too Steve ....you still play with your woodsbuggy now, or does the Commander take presedence now_a_days? ....
Lance

Lance, My primary riding spot is not real condusive for the Commander as it consists of a lot of rock, deadfalls, high degree off Cambers and extreame mud. The Commander will go about 80% of the place's my Woodsbuggy will however it's a pretty rough ride and you tend to feel like your going over at any moment! The Woodsbuggy has a much larger footprint w/ 33" boggers in the rear and 30" yokakhamas in the front with long travel suspension with FOX Coilovers on all on 4 corners along with Howe one finger power steering. In other words it's built for the terrain. The Commander is great on groomed trails like the Hatfield McCoys. I use the Commander there when the Buggy is out of commision. Its nice to have a backup machine so i am not so streessed out trying to cram repairs etc. in for a riding trip. In our case that's about every other weekend, sometimes several in a row. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That makes perfect sense to have extreme crawling left to the extreme crawling ....saves your Commander for more enjoyable type terrain it's suited for ....I love your buggy BTW! ...sorry for the rehijack, guys ...lol....Lance

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
It's not really the crawing aspect as much as it is that i can not keep up with my Riding Buddy when he is in his Buggy (similar to mine) and I am in the Commander without beating myself to death. We actually crusie thru the Woods at a fair clip. If we are riding with a bunch of ourBuggy friends then we have to slow it down quite a bit othere wise we spend most of our riding time waiting for them to catch up. These guys are no problem keeping up with in the Commander.

·
Registered
49 Posts
All boards that what to achieve success. Should by all means encompass Diversity.

When you target or discriminate against certain members...you do-not encompass

Divercity That is the biggest down-fall to any-site or country for that matter.

The concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect.

It means understanding that each individual is unique,

and recognizing our individual differences.

It is about understanding each other and moving beyond

simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the

rich dimensions of diversity contained within each individual.

Once you realize these facts to be so true

There will be more success than you can encompass

1 - 18 of 18 Posts