Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Commander is new to all of us, I'm curious and hopefully some of the other peeps are too.
What additions have you done? or modifications have you done?

Today we installed our Muzzy's race exhaust....:)

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Well lets see. I Installed Unisteer EPS. Extended the Tree bars out 2 3/4"s to accomadate the Wheel spacers I plan on buying. Removed the seat belts and nets, they suck. Caught one of the nets on a stump and ripped it in half and screwed up the seat belt retractor. Made a cross bar for the new harnesses i need to buy. I prepainted it before welding it in. Easyer than doing it after its welded in. Still need to weld in. Seen the bolt in offerings and decided to make my own 10 bucks versus over a hundred. I see fabbing up some doors in the future. Installed OEM skid plates, front extreme bumper. Have a back Bumper and may sell it if any ones Interested.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Well lets see. I Installed Unisteer EPS. Extended the Tree bars out 2 3/4"s to accomadate the Wheel spacers I plan on buying. Removed the seat belts and nets, they suck. Caught one of the nets on a stump and ripped it in half and screwed up the seat belt retractor. Made a cross bar for the new harnesses i need to buy. I prepainted it before welding it in. easyer than doing it after its weled in. Still need to weld in. Seen the bolt in offerings and decided to make my own 10 bucks versus over a hundred. I see fabbinbing up some doors in the future. Installed OEM skid plates, front extreme bumper. Have a back Bumper and may sell it if any ones Interested.
Wow Steve....that's a tough act to follow!......you've been busier than a one-armed wall paper hanger......nice going.....Lance

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we lawn darted our yesterday at Glamis.
Did you happen to let off of the gas before you hit the crest of the jump?

One of the things that I noticed was if I let off before the crest that it would do that, but when I have stayed in it at the crest it doesn't seem to do....because of the internal breaking:unsure: was one of our thoughts..

Any input from you or any peeps would help us understand this issue maybe:unsure:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Wow Steve....that's a tough act to follow!......you've been busier than a one-armed wall paper hanger......nice going.....Lance
Yea, odd thing is I bought this Toy so I would not have to work on it! :unsure: Couple more things to add to the list. Got rid of the Idiot plates on the roll cage. I like having the hand holds to assist in getting in the machine. Installed the OEM light protectors, Air Intake inlet mesh, locking gas cap. Still have to Install the trunk lock.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Yup....Cah-Mandie phase one completed tonight.....will upload pictures for all to view later this week.....Lance

·
Registered
211 Posts
Put a "Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter Handle" on today. Took 3 beers! :rofl: Also stripped my Teryx of it's Warn winch. It's going on the Commander when I get my winch mount. Next weekend, I hope. Guess I'll have to restock the garage beer fridge for that one! Lance?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Did all the break in maintenance. What a PITA. I really don't feel changing the diff and gear case oil was nessasary at 10 hours. The oils were like brand new. The front diff was a bitch. Plug is on the side like the rear. I had heard that they are supposed to have one on the bottom and mine does not. I had to slot the steel and aluminum skids to make enough room the get the allan wrench in there and be able to get a enough room to get a stoke out of it. The slot ended up being 2" long

·
Registered
126 Posts
I decided to do some work after I woke up from my turkey nap. I added some side atv mirrors that I used on my Outlander 800. They work great, got um at Walmart. I think there like 15 bucks a piece. They're solid and will take down trees before they will bend or break. The rear view mirror I got at the auto store for 16 bucks. I custom made my own bracket from miscellaneous stuff I had around the garage. I also added a horn and LED turn signals, and the switches are in the dash. I took a short video to show off a little. All in all I spent about 65 bucks for everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Added front aluminum skid pan,half windsield,rear wind-screen,pre-filter,dooze paddles rear,dune star paddles front, Muzzy and digi-tune (sweet) ready to ride. I believe frist XT in Or,slow to post but read everything.

RC Willamina Or
PS thanks for all the help with rotax-rhino Lance,read through most your stuff on my build

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Added front aluminum skid pan,half windsield,rear wind-screen,pre-filter,dooze paddles rear,dune star paddles front, Muzzy and digi-tune (sweet) ready to ride. I believe frist XT in Or,slow to post but read everything.

RC Willamina Or
PS thanks for all the help with rotax-rhino Lance,read through most your stuff on my build
If its the very front skid plate you need to remove it and drill the diff drain hole in the right location. The factory put it on the side plug (that you can not get to) Drain hole.!:furious:

·
Registered
6 Posts
If its the very front skid plate you need to remove it and drill the diff drain hole in the right location. The factory put it on the side plug (that you can not get to) Drain hole.!:furious:
I seen that there was only a small hole under aluminum skid I thought I had to drill metal plate out of frame ,you say that hole is in wrong spot in skid pan?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

RC Willamina Or
Welcome to the site lab2v...nice to see another commander in Oregon....Barbara.... the better half of Lance.....:giggle::giggle:

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Welcome to the community lab2v....great to see another Pacific Nor-Westerner here......Lance

·
Registered
12 Posts
pistol grip

Hey , Hillbilly are you a mopar fan to ? how did you put the pistol grip shifter in ? any pics. ? thanks , Bmopar

1 - 20 of 227 Posts