Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and if you dont mind answering one more question.

what is the maximum water depth one can safely go in a bone stock 12 commander limited, i always like to know this in case....lol..i m talking bone stock machine with zero mods. i do have that speaker in the footwell area drivers side, im wondering if its 100% water proof for short few minutes time frame also or if it gets fully submerged is it toast. thanks

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
The engine air intake and CVT housing exhaust are the limits . The other concern is the exhaust is only about 15" off the ground. If your engine stalls while it's under water then there is the possibility of the engine taking on water. Typically marine grade Speakers are water resistant not water proof so probably not a good Ideal to sumerge them.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10 Posts
the engine intake is behind the glove box. the belt intake is on the left side of the machine at the bottom of the front roll cage. the belt exhaust is center of the machine about 5 inches below the cupholders. I rode the creek most of the summer getting water little over my ankles while sitting in the driver seat with no issues. only problem I've found is the vent hoses on the differential need to be run up higher as it does not come up higher than the tires and the diff will fill up with water.

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
the engine intake is behind the glove box. the belt intake is on the left side of the machine at the bottom of the front roll cage. the belt exhaust is center of the machine about 5 inches below the cupholders. I rode the creek most of the summer getting water little over my ankles while sitting in the driver seat with no issues. only problem I've found is the vent hoses on the differential need to be run up higher as it does not come up higher than the tires and the diff will fill up with water.
Right on....that CVT exaust was a bit low compared to the 2 intakes....

I'm concerned and confused about BRP placing the 2012 speakers so low tho....seems like many peeps may drown them out forging water and spraying out interiors with a hose and want replacements under their warranty....BRP may have a lot of speakers to replace??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Right on....that CVT exaust was a bit low compared to the 2 intakes....

I'm concerned and confused about BRP placing the 2012 speakers so low tho....seems like many peeps may drown them out forging water and spraying out interiors with a hose and want replacements under their warranty....BRP may have a lot of speakers to replace??
if its a good quality marine speaker it will last a little while for some. they wouldn't last two weekends for me.

as for forging water, I ordered the artic thunder customs kit. I hated how gorilla's came out of the dash and mud industries kit came out of the hood. I'm snorkeled to the top of my cage and I've crossed water deep enough my steering wheel was partially submerged with no issues.

·
Registered
43 Posts
One thing to remember is oil seals on diffs are lipped to hold oil in not water out. Need to ck and change fluid often if you ride deep. Ours is snorked and vented . Its back at catvos getting a 4" lift and 7" set back on rear

If I'm posting, its because I'm on the side of the trail waiting for you slow pokes to catch up...... ROTTLMAO

·
Registered
10 Posts
One thing to remember is oil seals on diffs are lipped to hold oil in not water out. Need to ck and change fluid often if you ride deep. Ours is snorked and vented . Its back at catvos getting a 4" lift and 7" set back on rear

If I'm posting, its because I'm on the side of the trail waiting for you slow pokes to catch up...... ROTTLMAO
absolutely. but I've had no prob with water getting in since I ran my vent lines up higher.

·
Registered
54 Posts
this may answer ur question. I personaly wouldnt go anywhere near this deep. i value my money. an awesome video to say the least

1 - 8 of 8 Posts