Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what everyone's top speed has been on the sand. What kind of tires and mods are you running?

Mine is 64 mph, stock, 9-paddles, Mohawks up front, in 4x4 high.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Got 72mph out of my stock X on a Texas red dirt county road. That was with a half windshield, roof and cab back enclosure. Felt like it had a little more.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wondering what everyone's top speed has been on the sand. What kind of tires and mods are you running?

Mine is 64 mph, stock, 9-paddles, Mohawks up front, in 4x4 high.
I'm about the same as you, 64mph stock tires, stock drivetrain, sand was a little wet. Don't really pay attention to the speedo when driving fast but I do remember hitting 64mph - I think I was also in 4wd high

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hit 86 mph on the streets but got scared and backed off. I ran 71 mph in the sand. I added a few mods and I hoping that it will get to 78 mph in the sand quick. By the way, the BRP gizmo does work and very well if you have mods to make use of the increase in speed and rpms.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
speedo said 73 on street.....GPS 69
speedo said 67 sand.....GPS 62

Not sure who to trust....the government that put the satellites up or the Canadians who designed it!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
speedo said 73 on street.....GPS 69
speedo said 67 sand.....GPS 62

Not sure who to trust....the government that put the satellites up or the Canadians who designed it!!!!!!!!
I too have noticed the speedometer reading fast vs GPS ...

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Right on.....still stockers here ....

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
What's your air pressure? I think it says what they recommend on the middle console
I don't know about the middle console says.. I removed all the ugly warning stickers...but the owner manuel recommends Min 10 & max 12 for front and min 12 and max 22 rear...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts