Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a used 2012 Commander X 1000. Owner says it has 130hrs and 970 miles. That seems like a lot for a 2012? What are the things I should look for when checking it out? Thanks for any help y'all can give me!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 2012 XT with 150hrs and 1440 miles. I dont use it very much. 130hr and 970 is only about avg of 7mph. I personally look at how the machine has been driven. How its been taken care of. 970 miles? hows the belt? Check out the engine area. Oil should look NEW and so should the air filter. When you take out the seats see how clean it is.... or not. See if there is sand or mud on the inside of the plastic skid plates also under the bed. Most people that dont clean their machine very well will also skip on the maintenance. I also see if the winch has been used. If so, why? Most guys will be happy to tell you how they were buried in the mud or sand and the winch pulled them right out. I'll pass. Anyway those are the kinds of things I look at. Its only My opinion. I am no mechanic. Although I do take good care of my machine. If I am spending 11+k on anything, I want it to be well taken care of and not ridden hard or abused. I always ask who does the maintenance. And how often. I would have it checked out. They shouldnt have a problem with that. Again just my personal opinion. I AM NO MECHANIC. just ask my wife. hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Also check underneath the skids plates..see if they have any major pieces missing or torn..that could show if he did any rock climbing..John pretty much hit mostbof the points to look at

Drive it like you stole it ....gotta love life

1 - 3 of 3 Posts