Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone? Just trying to find a forum for the commander that is fun to check out and shot the ****! I live in Ca and build offroad trucks. Nothing like flying in the dirt and hitting huge bumps.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I think there is only two choices really. The Commander or The Polaris 900 XP.

Two weeks ago I had the chance to drive an XP. Great solid UTV. I couldnt find anything wrong with it except it feels more like a go-cart then a UTV. The suspension was OK, not as good as the suspension on the Commander X. I didnt have my X with me to do a side by side race but as far as speed, no question, it's a bit faster then the Commander.

However, if you were to add the AIRDAM Clutch mod I believe the Commander would beat the XP. I have not added the clutch to mine yet but going to be soon.

Do you have a shop in Valencia?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Over the week-end we had a chance to ride with 2XPs, 1rzr turbo weber 1rzr turbo 1 rhintax, 1 rzr, and my X and Jason's X
The XP's supension is diffently better, but it also has to do with the driver, one of the xps drivers was timid of his car...Jason the the other hand with one of the X's was very aggressive and he was pretty much keeping up with the aggressive XP driver...Way to go (rhinorehab), I was somewhere in the middle, LBR with his Rhintax took on some of them in a jump and he out pulled (holeshot) both the XP & X in a short distance (300')..
If you want to see all of them having fun check out my vids in the Member vid section....
All cars are nice it's just what fits your needs is the most impoprtant question..:):)...Barbara

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
You really think the XP has better suspension then the X?

My X is dialed in, maybe your suspenion needs to be as well? Going back to when I first purchased my X I thought the suspension was awful however after spending some time adjusting it and trying different settings it's way better then the XP I drove. The owner of that XP said he had his suspension all setup.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
You really think the XP has better suspension then the X?

My X is dialed in, maybe your suspenion needs to be as well? Going back to when I first purchased my X I thought the suspension was awful however after spending some time adjusting it and trying different settings it's way better then the XP I drove. The owner of that XP said he had his suspension all setup.
Dennis, we have not really played to much with suspension on my X
We started to adjust the shocks and that was awful, so LBR took away so of the stiffness of the springs and that HELPED...Would you share as to where your settings are on your shocks..Thanks
With Jason driving his X he could almost keep up with the one XP..both are aggressive drivers..

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
This afternoon I will count the CLICKS on each shock and send you the settings. I will also take some pics of the spring adjustments to give you an idea of how far I have turned my springs in or out. It might not get it perfect for you but it should give you an idea or a starting place to fine tune your adjustments.

The settings I have works perfect for trail riding and pretty good for duning however when we go to the dunes I back the rebound clicks back one.

We just put the stock suspension back on last weekend so we could make an install video for the TCB LT setup which we are doing this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
This afternoon I will count the CLICKS on each shock and send you the settings. I will also take some pics of the spring adjustments to give you an idea of how far I have turned my springs in or out. It might not get it perfect for you but it should give you an idea or a starting place to fine tune your adjustments.

The settings I have works perfect for trail riding and pretty good for duning however when we go to the dunes I back the rebound clicks back one.

We just put the stock suspension back on last weekend so we could make an install video for the TCB LT setup which we are doing this weekend.
Thanks Dennis...I will be looking for it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea it is between the x and xp. I just throwing it in the air for now. Dennis maybe sometime I can go out in your x with u and see how it works. Let me know. Yea I have a shop up here. I do alot of offroad fabrication on trucks. Last year we did three rzr cages with doors for my dad and uncles. I will post a pic.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Send me your contact info [email protected] I am actually looking for a fabricator to do some work for me.

I would say lets roll up to Texas Canyon or Gorman on Sunday but the weather is going to be really bad. Looks like it might snow in the valley this weekend for the first time in 30 years. Do you know Eric Grupp by any chance?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Barb, I didnt forget about you:) I didnt get done until midnight last night. I will count the clicks and take the pics first thing tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Barb, I didnt forget about you:) I didnt get done until midnight last night. I will count the clicks and take the pics first thing tomorrow morning.
No Problem...Cah-Mandi will prolly stay home tomorrow and get new HID lights

1 - 20 of 20 Posts