Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put some wheel spacers on the XT to stabilize it a bit better. Looking at 1.5" or 2". Anyone tried both and have a recommendation? And maybe a good place to buy from?

Also I have seen bolt patterns from 4 x 136 - 4 x 136.5 and 4 x 137 all quoted for the Commander. I am assuming 4 x 137 but wanted to confirm.

Thanks

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Haven't had any experience with spacers, but have seen the different bolt patterns you mentioned too....when you order, just let the vendor know it's for a Commander...I think it's the T-rex that has a pattern that is virtually the same, it's like only 1/2 of a mm different bolt spacing....not sure if the Commander community decided if Teryx would fit right or not....be great to find out for sure, so please let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
The 2" spacers give you a wider footprint meaning more stability than thinner spacers. Offset wheels will net the same result. I chose spacers over new wheels for a few reasons.
1) I have the beadlocks on my "X" and would want offset Beadlocks to replace them and they would cost way more than spacers.
2) I can remove the spacers if I go to a trail system with restrictions.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Anytime you extend the tires out farther, more stress will be exerted in many suspension and bearing components ....but your Commander should ride out the storm and you won't notice any negative difference in the long term.

If you do the spacer route, make sure the spacers are torqued to the hubs good so they can't loosen up....many guys will use red loctite to further insure them staying on....

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Any reason in particular you dont use them on your commander?
BLR likes to keep the width close to stock on her commander because we run so many trails here in the three dune areas ....same reason I don't have spacers or long travel on my Rhino ...less chance blowing the sidewall out on a tree stump/stab ....that's just our preference is sacrifiing increased stability for the stock narrow track in trails.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a set of 2 inch spacers I used for about 3 months...getting rid of them because I bought new rims and no longer need them...Paid 200 + shipping would let em go for 150 and I will be in the Ottawa region in 2 weeks or I can ship em?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello I do a lot of road ridding and light trail ridding noting hard on the machine but going at high speeds on roads I feel like it needs to be wider would 2" wheel spacers be okay and help or am I going to hurt the machine?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had 2" spacers on the rear wheels only of my 1000x for a long time now. I ride everything from roads to sand to trails and rocks. Made it more stable for sure. I haven't had any problems and neither have my friends. Probably 2500+ miles on them. I'd like to do a long travel kit, but will probably buy something new soon...

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I have 2" on the rear only..been running them for a couple of years..sand & trails and have not had a problem. ..just have to remind myself sometimes going thru rocks that I am wider in the back..

Drive it like you stole it ....gotta love life

·
Registered
1 Posts
spacers

I have 2" on the rear only..been running them for a couple of years..sand & trails and have not had a problem. ..just have to remind myself sometimes going thru rocks that I am wider in the back..

Drive it like you stole it ....gotta love life

hi guys i wanted also to add spacers to my 1000x i read somewhere that they suggest a 2" on the back and 1.5" front what do you think about this. or should i go all 2"

also a friend of mine told me spacers are really heavy, i have seen on ebay 5 different styles of spacers 1.- round type 2.- the star type 3.- the octagonal type and last the snow flake type.

any suggestions on wich brand should i buy. looks like the round type its the stronger one but heavy as well, so any suggestions are welcome.

thanks

Automotive tire Alloy wheel Automotive design Rim Gas Automotive tire Bicycle part Tire Rim Automotive design Wheel White Automotive tire Light Product Gas Nickel Auto part Metal Font Wheel Automotive tire Product Bicycle part Rim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts