Can-Am Commander Forums banner

wheel spacers/tipping question please

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Bruce 
#1 ·
trying to get all the opinins i can on this. anyone ever feel if there on a side ways rut they may tip over, or do these stay upright pretty well, commander 1000 i mean.

even at sharp sideways angles. or do u feel 1.5 inch wheel spacers make a huge diffeence? i would really prefer not to use spacers unless the tipping risk is real high. if u do use them, what is best, which brand,etc. thanks

#2 ·
Spacers will help lessen the feel of and actual tipping over because of more stability ....the 2 downsides of them are mainly the width increase for narrower trail riding and paying for them.....lol

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

#3 ·
I have had mine on 2wheels and never went over. The only time I ever had butt factor was going down a very steep rock trail that I felt the ass was going to swap with the front ..flop ass over tea kettle...but we ride mainly dunes too

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I would but I didn't get paddles yet. I was going to buy a extra set of X rims and put some sand tires on those and use the spacers. Seller backed out after deal was made, next time.
I have +3 TurnkeyUTV CX3 LT coming so that with spacers on the X rims should be nice on the sand.

What do you think, I have not been to the dunes?

#7 ·
I haven't had a problem yet in the sand with my stock ones, but ran my paddles a few weeks ago I believe they are 5+2 and I'm I am diffently wider no problem cutting and also doing 360*, Lance & I were playing cat & mouse and the only problem would be if/when I catch a rut I would go over...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.