Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
My was worst that this one.But my insurance didn't total it,but close 9600.00.My tie rods both folded,snapped spindle,nose dived then rolled,landed on top also took out radiator.Dealer says frame bent too.Roll bars wouldn't have been able to take another roll as the bolts had already snapped too.I bet his insurance wanted out.I see a pattern with these failing in the front end.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
My was worst that this one.But my insurance didn't total it,but close 9600.00.My tie rods both folded,snapped spindle,nose dived then rolled,landed on top also took out radiator.Dealer says frame bent too.Roll bars wouldn't have been able to take another roll as the bolts had already snapped too.I bet his insurance wanted out.I see a pattern with these failing in the front end.
Sorry to hear about your Commander!

If you have any pictures I would like to see them, of either the crash site or just your Commander after the fact. Maybe we should think about putting some high strength bolst in to hold the roll bar on.

How fast were you going? I just want to know what I am getting myself into when going 73mph down a dirt road that could have a washout or something.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ya, well tie rods are important arent they. Anything in the suspension is important. Even though BRP/Canj-Am doesnt participate on this board or any other board that I know of, Im almost certain they want to know what we are saying.
Tie-Rods are weak because the steering Rack is weak and they want the linkage to break first eh? So we upgrade and the steering rack goes out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts