Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so let me ask the stupid question. granted i only ride dunes about 20% of the time, mostly trails... but i do ride them, and some big dunes to.
so when i ride dunes i use teh same maxx big horns, just drop pressure from 11f/17 rear to 6 all around, i have climbed big hills, rolled with the dunes, turned hard and done everything that everyone else is doing with my straight oem factory wheels, just lowered pressure. so why get dune tires?? is there a reason for it or a real need i should say. like i said i don all i need and what otehrs do the same way using my stock tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Paddles are just more effient then stock tires but not everybody needs them. There lighter and faster but might not be worth it for your type of riding.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
The Bighorn 2.0 tires are probably the best factory equipped tires that could be put on your Commander. One big reason is the 2.0 have a more flexible sidewall, so when you air down, the tires flattens out nicer for your sand riding than most other brands and types. The downfall of this particular tire is because the sidewall is "lighter duty" than a lot of other tires, so if you are happy with them in your 80% of riding, then you have the best package for the other 20%......in the sand.

BLR has 16 paddle STUs and very RARELY will use them, even in the driest sand, because the Bighorn 2.0s are such a great all around tire. I'll drop the pressure down to 5 or 6 lbs like you do for all of her sand duneing (only because of the factory beadlocks tho).
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top